Concrete polishing is, basically, the process of grinding the surface layer of hard cement surface through the use of specialized machinery with a goal to achieve durable, cost-effective, and decorative floor. You’ve probably heard this term on many occasions, but aren’t quite sure about everything that the process involves. This post highlights some of the most important things you need to know about this flooring process and why you should choose us for concrete polishing Wollongong.
How it works?
The process of concrete polishing involves heavy duty vacuum systems whose purpose is to make grinding dustless. Then, it’s time to use diamond blades with varying levels of abrasion. In the beginning, coarse blades with finer polishing levels are used until the desired result is achieved. In many cases, it is necessary to apply liquid densifiers in order to enhance the strength of the surface and to tighten the pores. This leads to an increased surface area for the polishing process.
Best concrete polishing spaces
Some places are better for concrete polishing than others. Below, you can see the best uses for this cost-effective and visually appealing type of flooring:
- Airports/aircraft hangars
- Government/municipal buildings
- Medical facilities
- Office buildings
- Retail stores
Benefits of concrete polishing
Advantages of concrete polishing are numerous, but here are the most important benefits you need to bear in mind:
- Easy to maintain – polished concrete resists scratches and has a harder surface than traditional flooring meaning it’s easy to maintain
- Great appearance – polished concrete floors are visually appealing, elegant, and sophisticated regardless of the type of environment and your business
- Cost-effective – this type of floor is an excellent choice for businesses, institutions, and companies that want high-quality flooring but with lower costs. Polished concrete flooring is more affordable, yet durable at the same time
- Versatile – one of the most useful benefits of polished concrete is the fact it’s possible to do it in a variety of colors and designs for a unique appearance
- High light reflectivity – this is particularly important for office buildings, restaurants, and hotels. The goodthing about this is that it reduces requirements for artificial lighting
Why Flash Flooring?
When it comes to concrete polishing Wollongong, Flash Flooring is always a great choice. But, have you ever wondered why? Well, reasons are numerous including the fact we’re one of the most reputable companies. Clients love us because of our expertise, dedication, and quality of service. You, as a client, are crucial for the successfulcompletion of the project and we make sure you’re happy with results. It’s also worth mentioning that we follow the latest standards, focus on teamwork, and give you amazing floors that are not only durable, but easy to maintain, and look great.